The Bachelor of Christian Studies comprises 24 units of study (288 credit points).
The core units in the RTC’s Bachelor of Theology program are:
- Old Testament Introduction—24 cps, OT001-512, OT002-512
- New Testament Introduction—24 cps, NT001-512, NT002-512
- Christianity in History, Theology, or Philosophy & Ethics—48 cps (inc. 8cps CH, 8cps TH)
- OT/NT Set Books – 36 cps (with a minimum of 12 cps from Old Testament and New Testament each)
- Independent study project that relates to the student’s non-theological area of study to the Christian faith – IN200-712
In addition students must complete:
- 60 cps electives from any unit field
At least one year F/T equivalent of degree level study at an Australian University in a non-theological field of which at least 75% must form a coherent area of study: applied as 96cps.
Certain advanced level units may only be taken when the pre-requisite units have been completed or when co-requisite units are taken concurrently. Individual unit syllabi should be consulted for further information.
Units in this course are completed at Level 5 and above, including 96cps advanced standing from another qualification in another discipline. Units studied in the ACT in religious studies for this qualification are 192cps, including at least 72cps at Level 7 or above.
- Students may not enrol in more than 60 cps per semester
- Greek or Hebrew exegesis units require the completion of the relevant 24 cp of Hebrew or Greek language units
The degree is open as a first degree to persons who have achieved an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) score of at least 65 in the last three years, or an AQF Level 5 Diploma. Consideration will be given to other factors, in addition, such as ministry involvement, maturity and motivation, and the likelihood of satisfactory completion of the academic requirements of the course.
MODES OF STUDY
Each semester the RTC will offer a range of units that are taught on campus, online, or through a combination of both. Bachelor of Christian Studies students may complete the requirements for their award through any combination of these.
FEES AND FEE ASSISTANCE
A schedule of fees can be found here.
For a listing of units available at the RTC that may count toward the BChrStuds, please consult the RTC Registrar.