The Bachelor of Divinity comprises 24 units of study (288 credit points).
The core units in the RTC’s Bachelor of Divinity program are:
- Old Testament Introduction—24 cps, OT001-612, OT002-612 (or OT003-612 and one of BB001-612, BB002-612, or BB003-612)
- New Testament Introduction—24 cps, NT001-612, NT002-612 (or NT003-612 and one of BB001-612, BB002-612, or BB003-612)
- Christianity in History—24 cps
- Theology—24 cps
- OT/NT Set Books – 24 cps (with a minimum of 12 cps from Old Testament and New Testament each)
In addition, students must complete:
- 24cps PC / EM / DM at Level 7 or above
- 144cps elective units from any unit field
Certain advanced level units may only be taken when the pre-requisite units have been completed or when co-requisite units are taken concurrently. Individual unit syllabi should be consulted for further information.
Units in this course are completed at Level 6 and above, including at least 144cps at Level 7 or above.
- Students may not enrol in more than 60 cps per semester.
- A maximum of 48 cps may be studied in DSC mode, including no more than 24 cps in any one field of study.
- There is a pre/co-requisite for Level 7 units: 96cps, including 36cps at Level 6.
This is a course of the Australian College of Theology
MODES OF STUDY
Each semester the RTC will offer a range of units that are taught on campus, online, or through a combination of both. Bachelor of Theology students may complete the requirements for their award through any combination of these.
The Bachelor of Divinity degree is open as a second degree to persons with successful prior completion of a non-theological bachelor degree or equivalent. Consideration will be given to other factors such as ministry involvement, a pastoral recommendation for theological study, and the likelihood of satisfactory completion of the academic requirements of the course.
Except for those candidates who have a tertiary qualification taught in English or have been an Australian resident with English being the language spoken at home for ten or more years, overseas candidates whose first language is not English will be required to sit an IELTS test. For candidates wishing to enrol in the BDiv degree, an overall IELTS result of 6.5 is required with a minimum of 6.5 in each subtest.
FEES AND FEE ASSISTANCE
A schedule of fees can be found here.