GRADUATE CERTIFICATE OF DIVINITY
Students with an undergraduate degree can enrol for the Graduate Certificate in Divinity. This award requires six months of full-time study or the equivalent part-time.
The Graduate Certificate is intended to be a general purpose award to provide students who are already graduates with an opportunity to undertake study at an advanced level of selected units in the teaching departments of Bible and Languages, Christian Thought and History and Ministry and Practice. It will serve either as an introduction to the study of Theology and Ministry by allowing students to sample units from a range of disciplines or as a means of developing a subject specialism by allowing students to select units from one or two disciplines. Information about Learning Outcomes is available from the Australian College of Theology website.
COURSE CONTENT – GRADUATE CERTIFICATE OF DIVINITY
- The Graduate Certificate consists of 4 units (48 cps) from any field.
- Students should discuss their desired program and unit selection with the registrar before enrolling in a course.
- Advanced level units may be taken only when the pre-requisite units have been completed or co-requisite units are taken concurrently
The Graduate Certificate of Divinity is a course of the Australian College of Theology
GRADUATE DIPLOMA OF DIVINITY
Students with an undergraduate degree can enrol for the Graduate Diploma of Divinity. This award requires twelve months of full-time study or the equivalent part-time (up to 4 years).
The Graduate Diploma of Divinity, like the Graduate Certificate, introduces graduate students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message at an advanced level, and provides training which combines articulation of this story and message with their application and practice in the contemporary world. Students study from a selection of units from the following fields: Bible and Languages, Christian Thought and History and Ministry and Practice. Information about Learning Outcomes is available from the Australian College of Theology website.
COURSE CONTENT – GRADUATE DIPLOMA OF DIVINITY
- The Graduate Certificate consists of 96 cps (typically 8 units):
- 24cps from the following units: OT Foundations, OT Prophets and Writings, OT Overview, Jesus and the Gospels, The Early NT Church, NT Overivew, Introduction to Biblical Theology, Introduction to Biblical Theology & Interpretation, Principles of Hermeneutics
- 12cps from Christianity in History, Theology, or Philsophy and Ethics
- 60cps from any unit field
- Units in this course are completed at Level 8 or above
- Maximum concurrent enrolment load: 60 cps
The Graduate Diploma of Divinity is a course of the Australian College of Theology
MODES OF STUDY
Each semester the RTC will offer a range of units that are taught on campus, online, or through a combination of both. Graduate Certificate students may complete the requirements for their award through any combination of these.
Entry to the Graduate Certificate of Divinity normally requires the completion of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
FEES AND FEE ASSISTANCE
A schedule of fees can be found here.