The RTC Library provides students and staff with access to a range of online journal databases which enable users to search through an extensive collection of journal articles, book reviews, conference proceedings, theses and more. Our primary databases are provided through the Digital Theological Library (DTL), with additional access to the ATLA Religion database with ATLASerials and the EBSCO Religion & Philosophy Collection.
The DTL provides access to over 21,000+ journal titles and 60,000,000+ articles in religious studies and related disciplines. Many of these are indexed and accessible through three main databases:
- JSTOR Religion Collections 1-3 (ebooks); Religion & Theology Collection (journals)
- Project MUSE Philosophy and Religion
- ProQuest One
The DTL can be found here, and user guides are available through the eCampus Shared Library Resources section.
For those not studying at the college, the DTL also provides a large open access database – the OADTL which can be found here.
In addition to the DTL we offer students and staff access to two online journal databases both of which can be accessed through EBSCOHost. The databases include:
- ATLA Religion database with ATLASerials
- EBSCO Religion & Philosophy Collection
For access to any of these resources and for additional online journal subscriptions provided through the RTC Library please contact the librarian.
Atla Religion Database with AtlaSerials provides coverage from journals which have been selected for their scholarly merit and scope. Content includes:
- Full-text content from over 370 journals
- Indexing of more than 2,400 journals
- More than 280,000 essay records
- More than 460,000 book records
This database is produced by the American Theological Library Association.
This resource provides a comprehensive full-text source of content as it pertains to the topics related to and discussed in disciplines of religion and philosophy.
- Nearly 130 active full-text, non-open access journals and magazines
- More than 100 active full-text, non-open access peer-reviewed journals and magazines
- Full-text coverage dating back to 1911
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED RESOURCE:
National and state libraries within Australia and New Zealand offer a wonderful service which includes the provision of an excellent range of databases containing access to online journals including Proquest and JSTOR databases. Membership is free if you meet the membership qualifications and is a great way to further enhance your study. For more information, please see our guide here.
OPEN ACCESS ONLINE JOURNALS
The following consists of a small collection of open access online journals:
- Faith in Focus
- Kerux – The Journal of Northwest Theological Seminary
- Australian Biblical Review (from volume 50)
- Protestant Reformed Theological Journal
- Karl Barth Society Newsletters (full text historical collection of newsletters from 1990-2005)
- Lux Mundi
- Reformed Theological Journal
- Virtual theological library project
- Masters Seminary Journal
- Reformed Faith & Practice – The Journal of Reformed Theological Seminary